Northants GP Bank
The LMC, GPs and Federations in Northamptonshire have come together to form an exciting new project that has been created to support existing workforce initiatives.
It is a joint project between Federations in Northamptonshire and the Northants Local Medical Committee (LMC). We very much hope it will become an integral part of how GP practices and locums work together in the future.
The service provides:
- A booking portal linking locums and practices together in a timely way and creating a new Northants Locum Bank.
- A support framework connecting GPs with the Northamptonshire primary care system.
The service aims to:
- Increase the number of regular locums working in primary care services across the county.
- Help reduce the isolation felt by locums and improve connections with clinical networks and training.
- Retain as many Northants based locums as possible to work across the region.
- Create a consistent experience by working with practices to support induction and ‘on boarding’.
- Use information generated by the service to inform further workforce development projects.
- Be a cost-effective service for practices and GPs requiring long or short term cover.
Are you a Practice Manager interested in joining Lantum? Sign up here